Monday, May 14, 2007

I am a survivor...


I am not a star,there is no halo over my head,Fate doesnt like it when I go ahead.

Struggle and pain are old friends of mine,

they have been there,come rain come shine.

But I am a survivor and I have pride,

And it has been years since my tears have dried...


I have always wondered,if I am 'His' special child,

Someone he likes to punish,not in any way mild...

but then,I am a survivor,and I have pride...

and even though i fall, I will still pick myself up and ride..


There will be a day when I will look the odds in their eyes,

And I will smile the smile of a man who has made it...

even after repeated failures and painful tries...

I will have the answers to my own cries


My sweat that day will be sweet and not salty

and nobody that day would dare to call me Faulty..

And for the last time I will look back and say,

I did it MY way,

The LONG,HARD way....

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Truly amazing Praveen!!!!

Zico552002 said...

Tats a very good creation.....
Hope my admirations acts as an inspiration...

Suraj Giri AKA Devils Doom said...

Nicely written turbo, i never knew u were such good poet

Wanderer said...

Well ABC your admirations are definately not the reason for my inspiration... I am not inspired by people who bother to leave anonymous comments...my inspiration is somebody I love...and in context of this poem, I am the inspiration for myself...

Maddy said...

Not bad Bro...This is I guess " the other side of Ur's"..Master of Mind..i'll take tht...

Here always...Appi :-) said...

Awesome poetry...! Keep going...

Unknown said...

Amazing write up... Keep it up. Nice creation.